Friday, June 29, 2012

Apostles and Prophet at the MTC

This week was crazy for me! First of all, the Apostles and the Prophet were here, so the entire campus changed. We pretty much were supposed to wear suit coats all the time, the lunchroom was cut in half, so the lines got really long, and we could not go anywhere in 1M, the main building. Also the gym was closed so everyone had to play on the field which made soccer a pain to play because of the crowd. The younger district challenged us to a game of soccer, and we beat them. I think we beat them a total of 3 times before they got mad and gave up at that, but we don't keep score here in the CCM so it's all good.
So the food wasn't very good because they were worried about serving the Prophet, but we did get a devotional with them in it though, we had 10 of the 12 apostles (Elder Perry, Elder Nelson, Elder Oaks, Elder Ballard, Elder Scott, Elder Holland, Elder Bednar, Elder Cook, Elder Christofferson, and Elder Anderson), none of the first presidency, and we heard from L Tom Perry. It was such an amazing talk, but now they are gone and things are back to normal.

So yesterday was our speak only Spanish day, and we failed miserably, so our district decided that we are only going to try and speak in as much Spanish as we can all the time. Ya I don't know how well that is going to go over, but I guess we'll see.  I made a promise though that I would try my best no matter what the rest of the people in my district are doing.  The lord has called me to this mission, to speak this language, and if I don't try my hardest then how can the Lord bless me.

Things between my companions and I are getting a little interesting.   One I am still getting along fine with, but the other one, not so much.  The best way to describe how he acts is like Hugo; when you ask him to do something he ignores you and continues to mess around and when you ask him to come sit down and study he just looks at you like he doesn't care. It's getting on both mine and my other companions nerves a lot. Then when we are teaching he will sit there and not say anything, but afterward he will come out and tell us all the things we should have done and how we did stuff wrong, and he would have said it this way. ITS SO ANNOYING!!! He always has to be right about everything, when in fact he is always wrong, so that makes it even more annoying. I came here to be a missionary, not a babysitter. It's ok, I am praying for love and patience, so we'll see what happens.

Well I think that's it for now, ya continue to tell people to write me, and ask Karoline if she got my letter, because I have yet to hear back from her.   Well I love you and I miss you all.  Keep being good and stuff.  Pray for me to learn the language, and to be able to conjugate the words properly, that's what I'm struggling with the most.

1 comment:

  1. I took Spanish in high school and college. Conjugating is the worst! I'm sure you will get it soon. You are in the best place in the world to learn it.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete