Friday, June 8, 2012

First Week



My schedule is pretty much the same every day, I have gym in the mornings on mon-wed-fri, and the other times it is in the afternoon. Gym is way fun, me and my companions all like to play outside on the field so we don't ever fight over that. We play soccer, and sand volleyball mainly. It's so much fun, even though it might be cold some days.

An update on the first morning gym funness, we were playing soccer, and everything was going great, but the grass was wet and people were slipping everywhere. I was the lucky one that slipped backwards, and hit my head. Yes it hurt, but no I did not throw up, and I still remember everything that happened, so I didn't get a concussion, just had a headache the rest of the day.
My P-days are on Friday.  We get to go to the temple today, and I'm very excited for that.
My first companion is from Orem, (Vineyard) so we know a lot of the same people, he is actually friends with Dakoda too, so it was interesting meeting each other. He was 5 hours late on the first day so it was interesting those first couple hours. His name is Elder Fernandez, he went to UVU and we have a ton in common, so we get along great.
My second companion, now that's a fun story. Short version, he and his companion were in our room, his companion was really good at spanish, so he got moved up, and we got Elder Wilson. He is from Hurricane, (Lavercan or something like that) and he is so much fun! He is such a crazy elder, but in a good way. he does get distracted very easily, so we have to keep him on track, but esta bien. (its all good)

Ya other than that everything is going wonderfully! I love it here so much! The spirit and the love that is felt here is amazing! I loved the pictures, and honestly the only reason I'm not homesick is because I have such an awesome district! They are practically family so they make it easier.
We have plenty of study time, so I am learning to study effectively and trying not to waste time, but after 6 hours of spanish class it gets pretty hard to concentrate on studying more spanish. I´m suprised at how much spanish I already know! Th gift of tongues is real, and the MTC doesn't waste anytime putting it to use. We have already taught our first investigator in spanish, and it was crazy difficult, but he already accepted baptism, so we are just going to keep on teaching him. (he's not a real investigator, but they do not break character for anything).
 Tell people to write me! I love getting letters from them! I know I'm doing the right thing being here, and I wouldn't leave if they made me.  Pray for me to continue to learn the language

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great first week. We will be sure to write tomorrow!

    (BTW it's La Verkin.)

    ~R

    ReplyDelete