Saturday, July 7, 2012

Testimony Building Week

 


On Sunday, we had an amazing fireside, if you didn't know, last Wednesday was the anniversary of the martyrdom of Joseph Smith, and so we had this guy come and tell the story from the perspective of Willard Richards. It was amazingly powerful, and probably the best fireside that we have had here so far. My testimony grew so much from that day, so I have pretty much been spiritually on fire. Then on Tuesday, we had a former member of the 70 come and talk to us.  He had been a member for like 36 years or somthing so you probably know him, Kikuchi or something like that.  Anyway, he gave an amazing talk as well about obedience and about how we need to have our own sacred groves to go to so we can communicate with God and feel of the immense love that he has for each and every one of us, and that we need to always have a positive outlook for everything, even when a dog is after us, or we get a door slammed in our face. He also told us the most important thing we need to bring home from our mission is (and I think it applies to everyone) an understanding and relationship with Jesucristo and his Expiacion (Atonement).  If we can understand the importance and the power of the atonement in our lives, then we will be blessed.
 
On the 4th of July, we had another special fireside, and it was alright I guess, kinda boring, but overall good. We did get to sing Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree, that was fun with 2500 other missionaries.  Then they gave us ice cream, and said that we had to watch the fireworks, and that we couldn't go back to our residence until they were over. So we were up until 11:30 by the time everthing was done, so it made waking up so much fun.  The fireworks were really boring! When we are stuck in an entirely treed off area, the best we could do was find a gap and hope that we could see them.  A lot of people got homesick because they knew that their families were close watching the fireworks, but I didn't mind to much, I know why I am here and missing the Stadium of Fire isn't going to change that, but I'm happy you had a good time, and I do miss you.
 
Yesterday, we went to teach our investigator, and found a note on the door from his wife saying that he had been out all night drinking and that she had no clue where he was. Even though it's not a real investigator, it still was disappointing, and gave us a taste of reality.
 
Still not getting along very well with one of my companions, being in a trio is very difficult, because when you aren't all on the same page, and you have no clue what the other one just said it makes teaching very fun. It's been better though, but still it's difficult.
 
Haha I know how to fix all the computer problems that the teacher has with the computer, it's pretty funny. One of them said he just wants me around all the time so I can fix them. But I love my teachers and still love it here.  It was weird having 3 extra hours to do stuff today because the temple is closed, but we get to clean it next week so that should be fun! 
 
Other than that nothing else really happened. Oh you can tell Amy Adkins that everyone in my district is practically in love with her because of the graduation announcement you sent me.   Half the time that's all they want to talk to me about, so it's funny. But ya that's pretty much it. I love getting letters from people so keep telling them to write me!  Oh tell people that I love getting pictures! and that it makes my day when I get them!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment