This week was another crazy week. I will never have a normal week, but
that's ok then I would be bored right!
So on Monday I was with another elder that was training as well, and we
worked a little bit in my sector and a little bit in his sector. Then on Tuesday we had our normal studies, and had to go get our new companions at 12:00.
So we got there and had a little devotional meeting, there were a total of 10
new missionaries, one sister, and one latin elder. I got my new companion. His name is
Elder Scott, he was born in Utah, but lived in Arizona for 7 years, California
for 7 years, and is currently living in Washington (the state). He has 14
people in his family, he is the 7th. He is a diver and likes track and field. He knows
how to play the piano, the guitar, and the banjo. He did a mini mission in
Nauvoo before coming here to Chile, and he understands a lot more Spanish than I
did when I got here. The first person that we talked to with him, just happened
to be a less active member that is living in Spain but that is mad at the
church because she wasn't keeping the Word of Wisdom so they wouldn't let her
take the sacrament. Then she told us that she got into a huge depression, and went
bi- polar. I think she still is a little bit bi-polar, but my companion didn't
understand anything she said, and I don't blame him, because I didn't understand
most of it myself.
Wednesday and
Thursday were pretty much the same, we knocked on doors all day and tried to find
more people to teach, and we set up a bunch or appointments for the weekend and
for this week. So we are excited about that. My companion isn't afraid to talk
with people so that makes it really nice, but sometimes when the people talk
too fast, or they don't want to talk with us, I cut in and say that we just want
to say something really fast and that my companion has a message, and then he
talks with them. It's pretty fun.
On Friday we
finally started finding people. Funny story. We went to visit a house that I
had contacted earlier in the week, and when we went, nobody came out for a very
long time. So we turned around and were thinking about where to go when a guy
came out and told us that he was going to let us in because he talked with his
dog and his dog told him that we were good people so he should let us in. It
was funny. Then he told us that he had been drinking, that's nothing new for me,
but I didn't realize how much he had been drinking until we got in his house.
That's where I saw 2 giant beer bottles empty and about 10 beer cans empty, and
on his coffee table he had 2 little pistols and so I quickly checked to see if
they were real or not, but they were just lighters, so it was ok. That and
before saying yes to entering the guy's house, I did a quick prayer to see if it
was ok to go in, or if it would be dangerous, and the spirit told me that it was
ok. But I made sure to tell my companion that so he doesn't just go in every house
without seeing if the spirit says it dangerous. But it was funny.
Saturday we had a meeting with the executive
director of the missionary department, Elder David F. Evans. It was really
good, but it was like 4 hours long, and there were all four Santiago missions
there, that means that there were more than 1000 missionaries, but it was fun to
get to see all of my companions and all of my friends. I realized how many
of us are close to going home. But that's ok. Just gotta keep working
hard!
Oh and I reactivated a family. The dad quit
his job so he could start coming to church, his oldest son now wants to serve a
mission and he is preparing to be ordained to be a priest so he can baptize
his little brother. So a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment