Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Family Search is Awesome!

HOLA!!!
 
So this was another pretty crazy week, but less crazy than last week.

Monday was a pretty normal day, we did our normal p-day activities after the district activity, and went to try and find some people to teach.

On Tuesday we had a pretty cool experience.  An investigator that we are kind of teaching had asked us for help.  I guess a couple years ago a cemetery here got partially destroyed, so they moved all of the people.  Well his grandma was in this part and she got lost.  They had gone to many different places looking for information and couldn't find anything. So someone told him in one of these places to "Ask the Mormons"  so that's what he did.  He gave us her full name and that was all he had. So we decided to check FamilySearch.  I didn't think we were going to find anything, but I put the name in and sure enough, there she was!  I had found her birthday, her parent's names, and everything in less than 5 minutes.  So I printed the page and went to take it to them.  When they saw how much information there was about their grandmother they were surprised!  They thanked us for the time and effort that we put into finding information (all 5 minutes of it) and with that information they should be able to try and figure out what happened with her.  I was very impressed and grateful! FamilySearch is awesome!!!

On Wednesday it was a pretty slow day.  All three of us got sick and so we didn't have very much energy, but we still worked hard and did the best we could.  There have been a lot of people sick recently so that has been pretty fun.  Oh and fun fact while I remember about it.  There have been several missionaries that have gotten the chicken pox for the second time.  The only way that they can explain it is that the virus is starting to mutate that's why they get it again.  Oh and on Wednesday we had district class.  After the class we had all brought stuff to make tacos so we had a taco party.  It was pretty fun.

Thursday was a pretty normal day.  We had our weekly planning.  My companion and I fought a little, and we tried to find people to teach.  On Friday we had an interchange with one of my favorite elders in the zone.  Elder Verón.  He is from Paraguy, he is 27, one of the oldest elders in the mission. We had a really fun time.  It's interesting to see that when you get along with your companion how things are just more fun in general. Of course we were knocking doors, and the last door that I knocked they let us in. Just goes to show that you just have to keep on kicking even if you don't want to kick.

On Saturday we had quite a few appointments, but in the end almost all of them fell through.  I'm quite used to that now, so it was another average day.  But that night we got changes!!!  I am no longer a zone leader "Bautizador".  The baptizer thing came to an end.  So I am now going to be a district leader and a trainer!  I'm going to be a dad! Of course just to show how nerdy I have gotten I instantly found 2 scriptural references, the first Alma. He was the chief judge and the high priest. when the land was doing well, he gave up the seat as chief judge and went to preach with his son.  I am the modern day Alma haha.  I was zone leader 1 and everything went great.  Our baptism goal for February was 4 and the zone baptized 9!  It was awesome.  Now I have passed that on and I am going to go teach with my son!  Ok maybe not haha. And the other one, I am becoming a trainer at the end of my "life" (in missionary terms), and so like Sarah I will have a child in my old age and pass on all of my knowledge.

On Sunday my companions wanted to say goodbye to some people so we visited them.

No comments:

Post a Comment