¿Hola como están todos? yo decidí que es mas fácil a escribirles en español
porque me mente ya siempre esta pensando en español. But I'm sure if you try and
translate that with a translator it's not going to work haha. [Actually it works pretty good]
Wow so now I have to write about basically two weeks, it's been a crazy 2
weeks let me tell you. So let's start with last week. We did a lot of service
last week. It was really fun. One hermana wanted us to help her pick fruit, so
we went to help her do that, and to pick the fruit pretty much we had to climb
up on the roof. The roofs here in Chile are a little bit different. They are
all metal instead of shingles. Needless to say I was a little bit
afraid that I was going to break her roof, but it held.
Haha a funny story that happened, I don't remember if it told you this or
not, but we are teaching a little kid named Pedro. He is 9, and we are teaching
his mom too, but we were teaching him the Plan of Salvation. Let me tell you
this kid is ridiculously smart, but he plays way to many video games as well.
But I think he was the first person that I have ever taught that understood
right away the importance of Adam and Eve to eat the fruit. I almost fell out
of my chair when he said "so if they never ate the fruit then they would have
stayed on the earth alone forever" YES!!! That is exactly correct!!! It was so
awesome, but the funny part was when we started to teach the Kingdoms of
Glory(?) (I am getting more and more confused with how to say stuff in English
haha) and like I said this kid first thing he asked us was "are there going to
be video games in heaven?" We told him that there could be we don't know and he
then said, "please! please! please!" Haha then we taught him about the Reino
Telestial. His response "Sí hay Tele´s!!! Translation: "Yes they are tele´s!" Haha it was so funny.
We did more service this week too. So another sister asked us if we could
help clean her roof and the gutters and stuff, because it's going to go into the
rainy season here. So once again I found myself up on the roof trying to get
all of the dirt out of a gutter. It's a good thing I brought gloves with me to do
service (thanks dad) but it was fun.
Then of course Saturday and Sunday, GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! I can't belive
that I have been another 6 months! AHH I only have 2 general conferences left!
I almost have a year here in Chile!!! That's crazy, but the conference was
amazing!!! I love listening to the talks, and now I realize how much they teach
the lessons that we teach to our investigators. But remember the man that we
went to last Sunday, we invited him the go to priesthood with us, and he came,
and brought his son and a friend. It was so great!!!
Another story, in between the sessions on Saturday, we went to teach a
lesson with 2 investigators, Dora and Doysi. During this lesson we didn't
really plan to have a lesson with them so it was all really fast, and the spirit
led everything but it was amazing. We got there and asked if they had any
questions, and we answered and one thing led to another, and we ended up
talking about the Book of Mormon again. But I knew to help them progress we
needed to put them with a baptismal date. so we extended the invitation and
they accepted to be baptized but then the date came. I had been looking at the
calender trying to see how many Sundays there are and stuff, and I felt
that the 5 of May is the right date. So I extended the date, and they were a
little hesitant to accept the day because it is pretty close. But the other
thing is that neither of these women are married, and with Dora we already had
talked to her about it, and she said that her husband didn't want to get married
yet. So with that in my mind I said to myself, "May 5 is the day I felt, and I
know that the Lord is going to help us to try and get that date if we do our
part." So we left and went back to conference with another lesson with them on
Monday. We went there on Monday, and it ended up that they weren´t there, but
the husband/boyfriend (because they aren't married but have kids) was there. We ended up sharing with him, and when I started talking about how the families
are important to God his face changed, and we could see that he was thinking
about it. The Lord answers prayers!
So now we are in this week. So ya on Monday we didn't have our p-day, and
it was an amazing day. We taught 4 lessons and found more people to teach.
Then Monday night I got a call from one of the assistants saying that we are
going to do intercambios. Woo! So on Tuesday one of the assistants (spies) of
president, Elder Berrios came. But it was really good. We had a really good day,
and I learned a lot from him. But I don't know why president wanted him to do
intercambios with me. Oh well.
But the best thing of all this week. I got an early birthday present! We
went to the TEMPLE today!!!! It was amazing! I wish we could go more often!
But you will never guess who was in the same session as me, Elder Fernandez!
My companion from the MTC! It was super fun but super weird because everything
was in spanish haha!
Nate and Elder Fernandez
But that was pretty much the past 2 weeks! As of right now we have 7
investigators with a baptismal date! We are working hard and trying our best to
keep helping the people here!
I love you and miss you all!


No comments:
Post a Comment