Tuesday, March 12, 2013

You Did What in the Street?

¡Hola!
 
So this week was really slow I'm not going to lie, but the change is half over now so only 2 weeks left until I change right? Actually I think I'm going to stay in this sector for a little bit longer, but I am doing super good.

This week we had a lot of appointments starting at the begining of the week. Pretty much every single one of them wasn't there. So we would call them and they would tell us to come back in 2 days or the next day, and they still weren't there. So we passed by for the same people multiple times this week without them being there. We also dropped some investigators for a little because they weren't progressing because school started and they get really busy for a couple of weeks, so we have been trying hard to find new people.

So first of all we have this investigator. Juan is his name, and he is an ex-boxer. (not the dog, but like the fighter type) and so because of an acident his nose broke.  So he talks a little funny and is a little difficult to understand,  but he's a nice guy. At the end of every prayer, he says, "Amen, Amen, Amen" 3 times without fail. He told us he says that to reinforce his amen or something like that, but last night we went to teach him. Ends up that he had just drank a coffee (we have taught Word of Wisdom like 3 times) and so I shared something about how we first need to search the kingdom of god before we search other things. Out of nowhere he goes off talking about his nose and who knows what else and I'm sitting there thinking (what does this have to do with searching the kingdom of god?) Ya it was crazy. Then he started asking us a bunch of questions that we had already answered.  It was crazy.

But we also are teaching Victor. Victor showed up to church one day out of nowhere as well. It ends up that his girlfriend is a member and that she asked him to go to church with her, but he is progressing really well. He has a baptismal date for the 24 of March. Time is going by so fast! Before I know it, it will be General Conference! That's so crazy.

This week I also threw up in the middle of the street.  That was fun. We were walking down the street after lunch one day and it just came up. Luckily nobody was around. It was funny because I threw up, and just kept walking. My companion asked me if I was ok and I said "ya let's go". Then I took a 5 minute break to calm my stomach down a little bit more and we kept going.  Haha. Oh the life of a missionary.

But that's all for now. Love you and miss you all tons!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment