At zone training meeting week of September 3, 2012
(NOT the new companion)
So this week was pretty normal with all of our converts baptized, we spent a lot of time trying to find new people, and we found a few, but we need more! I think this week was the most I have ever walked, but it was good. Also it was the last week that Elder Ariz was going to be in the area, so his motivation to do stuff was kind of nonexistant, but that's ok, we still got things done.
I had an intercambio with Elder Harrison this week, ya that was fun. I have discovered that Saturdays never, ever go according to plan, and this week proved that to be true. So this intercambio with Elder Harrison, we were going to change at 1, and go to lunch at 2. Well we changed at 12, and then on the bus, going back to the house, lunch called and asked if we could come early, so then I had to try and figure out what stop to get off at, so ya that was an adventure, but I got off at the right one and we went and ate until like 2:15. Ya usually we eat until like 3 or 3:15, so we had an extra hour more of stuff that we didn't plan, so we just walked around and did contacts, haha that was fun. After that we were supposed to have a lesson at 4, ya for the first time she wasn't there, so now there was another hour of more unplanned walking around trying to find people to contact, all in all it was pretty fun, and the crazy people really like to talk to us haha.
And now for the big news!!! The first change!!!!!!!!!! My companion Elder Ariz already knew that he was changing, and then he got the call saying that he was going to Los Andes, which is where he wanted to go, so he was beyond incredibly excited, and then the change, Elder Richardson would be leaving to another sector too. Ya he was not very happy about that, and he beat himself up a lot. So we had super excited, and super upset about it in the same room. I tried my best to cheer Elder Richardson up, but there really wasn't much I could do. Ya all of this happened Saturday night, and it just so happened that I got sick this day.
So Sunday was Elder Ariz last day in Alberdi. So we went and said goodbye to all of the converts. Ya this is where the me being sick and him leaving thing didn't work. First for lunch, the family we ate with made 2 gigantic pizzas, and when I say gigantic, I mean the biggest pizzas I have ever seen. Ya well the people here don't know the meaning of a little bit. Ya I almost threw up. Then we went to some people that he had baptized before I got here, but I have still been teaching them, and they made us lemonade from real lemons, tasty, but didn't help my stomach. Then we went to familia Arrigada, and they gave us pepsi, cake things, and an empanada. Ya I didn't eat any of that, and was sent home with the empanada in hand. So then we went to familia Quispe, and they had made an entire dinner for us, ya I asked for a little, and still couldn't finish. Then we went to some members that helped us a lot, and we got more food, and ya I almost died. So it was kind of awkward because everyone was crying and saying goodbye, and I was like, "I'm still here" haha so ya it was fun, but it's hard to leave the people that you teach and baptize behind.
Now we come to Monday, Elder Ariz packed all night long, and had 4 suitcases that pretty much each weighed like 75 lbs or so, ya so guess who got to haul all of this up and down the stairs of the apartment, and the metro station. ya it was not fun. But I have a new companion! Woo!!! His name is Elder Nicoll, he´s from Arizona, and he did hurdles, and has done swing dance a little bit so he likes dancing! This is pretty much all I know haha, but we are getting along well, and he is helping me clean the apartment!! Ya I never thought this day would come, but we are going through and cleaning everything! So it should be fun. he is excited to work, and I think we will have a lot of success! So ya thats all I have for now!
Another random fact, the light switches aren't up and down, they are all left and right! Weird I know!
Well love you and miss you all! Have a good week!

Nate said "ya" an incredible 19 times in this entry. 1 more and he gets a free subway sandwich.
ReplyDelete(To be fair, only 18 were conversation fillers i.e. yeah. The 19th was more like Yea!)
The 20th (and free sub) is an actual "yeah" in the first paragraph.
~R