Let's start from the beginning of the week!
Monday, P Day! Woo everything was fun, we got permission to leave our area, so we went into the city and had some crazy adventures there. Pretty much we just went shopping around, traded our American money to pesos, pretty much we just wandered around and looked at stuff because we were finally out of our area. It was fun, I got some new music and stuff, and ya pretty much all that happened that day.
Amazing Tuesday! so we had district class, and those are always fun, get to go and talk to different people, but that was only the beginning. my companion and I were set on getting all of our contacts done that day, so I suggested that we do more street contacts, than just knocking doors. That's when we just took off. We were talking to everybody, we had a lot of lessons, and it was amazing. We were spiritally on fire and it was awesome. Never been so busy the entire time we have been here!
Wednesday, The fight! Wednesday started out good, we decided that we were going to try the same things and at first we were doing good. We had an amazing lesson with an investigator, and then we had some other things we needed to do and so we were doing that, and everything was fine. Then we went to talk to the family we baptized that week, and they had gotten on Facebook and were looking at all my dance pictures and asking me questions (about the kinds of dances he knew, etc.). Then one of them turned music on and so they started wanting me to dance for them, and they started asking more questions. (No he didn't dance for them) Then as I was ready to try and share a scripture, my companion said that we were leaving. Ok? Ya so we left and he took off in his I'm grumpy walk. So I asked him if he was mad at me, ya probably shouldn't have done that, cause from there on it just exploded, and he came to the conclusion that we just weren't going to talk to each other. Ya well I didn't want that and I hate fighting with people, so when we got back to the apartment we just sat in different rooms. So when the other elders came in they knew something was up.
Intercambio Thursday! Thursday we were both still mad at each other, and wouldn't even talk to each other, and pretty much didn't even want to be in the same room with each other, so we went on an intercambio with the other companionship (meaning I went with Elder Bell, and Elder Ariz went with Elder Richardson). I don't know what my companion did, but Elder Bell and I talked about it, and calmed me down about it. So that night when Elder Ariz and I planned for the next day, I knew what I was going to do to try and fix things. We planned and then at the end I said the prayer. In that prayer I said how grateful I was for Elder Ariz and how much he has helped me learn and grow (because in reality that is the truth). Elder Ariz really is a great companion, and I have learned a lot from him. So after the prayer, he said that he was sorry too, and that we were just going to act like nothing ever happened because it was stupid and never should have happened.
Everything's Good Friday! On Friday everything was good again, and if anything we are better friends now than we were before. We had a decent rest of the week, and we had a baptism this past Sunday, and Familia Quispe was confirmed, all 5 of them!!! A complete family into the church!!! Ya 7 baptisms in 1 change hardly ever happens during most missionaries mission. So ya I feel pretty good about that, and I am hoping that I can take that and keep on going with it.
The Quispe Family baptized on August 26, 2012
Nate baptized the mother and the father
Sebastian was baptized by his father on September 2, 2012
Testimony meetings!
Testimony meetings here are a lot different than they are back home. Pretty much everyone who gets up is not up for more than 5 minutes. They bear powerful testimonies about the Book of Mormon, Josè Smith, Jesucristo, oraciòn (prayer), Iglesia verdadera (true church) and ya thats it. They get up, bear testimony, and sit down, young and old. No long stories, no thankamonies, they bear true and powerful testimonies! I love it!!!
And now... some random facts!
1. In Spanish they don't have the word random. (ya I know I kinda freaked out about that, how random!)
2. They sell Duracell batteries in packages of 1. That was funny to see. They sell them in bigger packages as well but I've never seen a package of 1
3. Their jelly, ketchup, mayo, shampoo, etc. is all sold in bags. Ya I don't really use that stuff anymore, and they do have some shampoo in bottles.
4. All of their milk is in a box, and not refrigerated. You only have to refrigerate it after you open it, and it's not the boxes with the fancy top, it's just a box.
5. They have a street fair thing every Saturday and Sunday, and that's when you buy all the random crazy cool stuff.
Ya that's all for now, I'll find some more stuff.
¿Que hora es? Daylight savings time haha. so this past Sunday we had day light savings. Ya you would think not that big of a deal, well it took us half an hour to figure out what time it was, and we had to call someone to make sure we were right haha. We had diagrams and drawings and poems and everything to help us, but we still couldn't figure it out. It was ridiculous haha. The problem was we were thinking that it was the same as the US, and it's not. It's the opposite, the seasons are different here, so we are going into spring. Ya it's crazy.
Well I think that's all for now on this week of "The Drama of Nates Mission" see you again next week!


I love the random facts. I learned some new things tonight!
ReplyDeleteNatalie