View from Alberdi apartment window
Is that pollution or fog? Probably both!
A 40 cm hot dog? Did you eat the whole thing? Almost!
¡Hola todos las personas que leer el blog de mi, gracias por todo, y por
querer a saber sobre mi vida!
¡¡¡¡¡ I HAVE A NEW COMPANION !!!!! Ya I'm companions with Elder Nicoll from Arizona. He is way awesome! Ya pretty much the exact opposite of my last
companion so we get along great haha. He is super nice, and constructive about
how he tells me stuff instead of being destructive so that's a nice change. I actually feel like a missionary now, and we are keeping all of the rules, so we are having a lot of success! Ya it's pretty amazing, that and he helped clean the apartment so things are great! He is crazy about being excited to help people and talk to them, which helps me,
and the people want to talk to us because we are so energenic. There is this
thing called contacts, where we go and just contact people. We go and talk to them,
well ya we were doing contacts in the street, and then next thing I know my
companion wasn't next to me, but he was talking to someone else across the
street, ya kinda freaked a little, and then realized that I could do it. I knew
what I needed to say, and for the most part how to say it. It was
awesome.
Other crazy stuff. This week we saw miracles, almost everyday. But first,
when there is a soccer game on, and Chile scores a goal, you know almost
instantly, because everywhere we were when they scored got really loud and
crazy. It was fun. Other crazy stuff, a lady stole Elder Nicoll`s Book of
Mormon, it was way funny. She took it from his hand and then everytime we asked
for it back she said "what book"? Then we asked her if she was ok and she said
she was sick and just got back from the hospital, so we then asked her if she
was on pain meds, ya she was haha that explains it.
We were called 2 interesting things this week. One guy said that I was an
angel sent from heaven to preach and to help people, he then wouldn't let go of
my hand and at that point I just started to ignore him because he was saying how
I was sent from God. Made me feel good. Then the other a guy said that we were
prophets, ya we tried to explain what a prophet was and he wouldn't have it. We
were prophets and that's that.
One day we contacted this lady and she said we had 5 minutes, so we started
talking. We asked if we could start with a prayer and then explained the steps of
prayer. We started to say blessings that we could see in her life, and that's
when she started crying. It was true, and she realized how blessed she is. so
we will be teaching her later. Then we went upstairs to a family and their baby
was sick so we explained a little about the resurrection and then said that we
had the authority to give a blessing. They accepted, and I had to bless the
oil in Spanish, ya first time doing that, and in spanish.
What else. One night my companion killed the electricity in our apartment,
and so we had to go ask the people to fix it. We were without lights for about
an hour it was fun haha. Oh ya! Tomorrow is Chile's Independence Day, so there
are drunk people everywhere. Ya yesterday one came up behind us and brushed our
butts with his coat, and when we turned around he was like "dance with me" and
started dancing. When we shook his hand to leave he wouldn't let go of me and he
just started dancing. Haha I can officially say that I danced with a drunk
guy.
Ya but this week was amazing we had 190 contacts, 17 new investigators,
and we got the zone norma which means we made the goal for all of the stuff we
have to do. So we get a party thing. Ya I know cool. But right now everything
is closed for the Independence Day so I am writing this in the Family History
part of our church building, there is a ward party outside this, and ya that's
pretty much it.
The Quiespe family that we baptised a few weeks ago are doing great. They got the Aaronic Priesthood last week and are preparing for the Melchizedek Priesthood in a few weeks. The father only needs an interview and Josba passed the sacrament yesterday. The ward is great here, they try to help. There are some families that are
awesome with helping the new families, and we actually have a lot a very active
youth in our ward.
Nice 40 cm weiner, Nate! (Looks more like 10 inches, though).
ReplyDelete~R