Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Present for Christ

So this week was a pretty crazy week.
 
On Monday we went to Patronato, where I have bought I believe more than 40 ties.  While we were there, we ran into Elder Riches, and his companion!  Great minds think alike I guess, but it was great to see him again.  Then I wrote more than 30 letters to my companions and converts to wish them a Merry Christmas.

On Tuesday we had Christmas with the mission President and his wife.  It was a short meeting with a lunch.  It was fun to be able to get together with some of the other missionaries of the mission and to just talk and have fun.

On Wednesday we did an interchange with Elder Cifuentes.  and pretty much all of our plans fell through, so we knocked on doors pretty much all the rest of the time.  But it was good.  We found quite a few people to teach, and we are excited for that.

Thursday was a pretty normal day, we were blessed to find 3 new people to teach, and we taught quite a few lessons.

On Friday we did service and another interchange with Elder Muñoz.  It was pretty fun.  We worked hard, but we were trying to get everything ready for the baptism on Sunday, and trying to find more people.  My companion and I went to meet the new MTC doctor. I went to see if he had any more ideas with how to help me, and my companion went because he has a weird bump thing under his tongue.  In the end he is going to have to have surgery to remove it.

On Saturday we saw straight miracles.  So we had to go to the doctor again for my companion, and he told us his appointment was at 1.  Well it was really at 3.  It just so happened that we had 2 baptismal interviews to do starting at 5.  It normally takes us an hour to get back to our sector from the temple.  My companion finished his appointment at 5...  so I had called the people and told them to be there at 5:30, that gave us half and hour to get back, a miracle happened, and we hit every green light, and didn't have to wait for the bus at all.  We made it to the chapel at 5:30 on the dot.

Sunday we had a baptism!!!! Her name is Yaritza she is 9 and pretty much she had been going to church with her sister who got baptized 6 months ago.  So when we got here to the sector I asked her why she wasn't baptized and she said that her parents wanted her to wait until she was older.  So I told her that she had to tell her parents that she wanted to get baptized as a Christmas present for Christ, and she did,   They said yes haha.
 
 
Yaritza's Baptism
 
That was pretty much my week.  This next week is going to be pretty crazy too!  But I'm out of time.  Love you and miss you tons!!!!
 
 
Lots of Presents for Christmas!
 
 
Opening my daily present
It was the 12 Days of Christmas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment