Thursday, August 22, 2013

Miracles Happen Every Day

Hello everyone! How are you all doing?  So this week was a pretty good week.

On Tuesday we had interchanges with the district leader.  He called me Monday night, and told me that we were going to have them.  But it was good.  During the interchange we ate something that I never thought I would eat, but I just had to try it. It's called sandwich de potito.  The translation of that is pretty much (excuse my language) "Butt sandwich"!  I can't believe that I even tried to eat it. It was horribly gross.  But hey I had to try it.

It rained on Wednesday and on Sunday this past week, it is pretty much horrible to try and work in the rain, especially when we didn't have any appointments those days, and we were mainly trying to find people to teach. But still it was good. On Sunday we were going to go and knock on doors for 1 1/2 hours and right as we started it started to sprinkle, but like a heavy sprinkle.  So I said a prayer and asked that the rain wait until we finish doing our contacts.  The rain stopped we did our contacts and then went to meet up in the church with some members.  As we walked out of the church it was raining hard!  The Lord hears and answers prayers!

This week we also had an investigator that wanted to see pictures of the temples and stuff.  Now she doesn't really know how to use the computer very well, so when she looked it up she ended up going to a website that talked really bad about the church. When we went to visit her we had to answer a lot of questions and show her that what we are saying is true.  (Luckily we are telling the truth, and the scriptures are there to back it up).  

But this week we had 4 investigators in church, and 3 of them have a baptismal date. One of these people was a miracle. We were knocking on doors last week, and we met a young man who said that we could enter and share something short with him. We talked for a little bit and then started to share about the Restoration of the Gospel. He really enjoyed it and told us that we could come back next Saturday.  We ended up getting there late, and he wasn't there.  So after about 20 minutes more we decided to call him and see if he was in his house, and he was. We went and read with him 3 Nephi 11, and we talked about how one of the first things that Christ did when he visited the Americas was give them the authority to baptize. After explaining why, he interrupted us and said, "I need to get baptized! What do I have to do to get baptized?" With the biggest smile on my face, I told him that he needed to keep listening to us, read in the Book of Mormon, and go to church.  He then started asking us about the reunions [meetings?] that we have and said to call him in the morning to see if he could go.  When we called he told us yes he was going to go, but he wanted us to go get him, and to bring him a tie.  When we got to his house he was dressed in a suit and he put on the tie (we never told him the type of clothes that he needed to wear in church) and when we got to the chapel, everyone thought he was a member! We quietly started to explain to people that he was an investigator, and that they need to talk to him!  

The Lord is preparing people to hear the gospel!  The work is moving forward, and in the coming weeks we are expecting a few baptisms!!!!

Thanks for everything, I love you and miss you tons!!!

1 comment:

  1. From Wikipedia: "The meat used in the sandwich is rectum or animal intestine usually of cattle or pork. It is prepared in a kind of wok, simmered, softened to be cut into strips, and then mixed with chili and onions fried."

    Tasty . . .
    ~R

    ReplyDelete