Wednesday, January 16, 2013

On My Way Back to the Continent

¡Hola todas las personas!

So my time here on the isla is coming to an end. I will officially be leaving the isla Juan Fernandez some time this next week. All good things must come to an end... but I'm excited to finally get back to the city and have a Walmart haha!  I'm going to Zapadores. That's pretty much all I know and my companion is a zone leader and a latino and really short. Other than that, I don't know much.

On Monday it was raining again, so we decided not to do a hike, but I still wanted to do something so we didn't just waste the day... that was until my companion just went in and fell asleep leaving me with no option but to sleep as well.  (guess who didn't sleep that night?) But that night we did have a lesson with Paloma where they gave us Pizza... we didn't have an option, they just handed us pizza. It was good, but it definitely was different than any pizza I have ever had before.

Then on Tuesday, we helped Nana do some stuff around the house, and then went and visited with German and Monica again. We taught them about the plan of salvation, and it was a good lesson, the only problem is that they are old and don't remember what we teach very well haha. But that's ok they are great people, and I'm going to miss them a ton!

So being the secretaries of the ward means that we get to do all of the fun paper work, and we had a lot of that, so we decided to try and get as much done as we could, one of them including and annual history. So we went and visited the members asking about all of the stuff that they did this past year. It was really fun to learn about some of the things they do here on the island.

Thursday we pretty much just tried to go and visit people. We had a lesson with a menos activo. Let's just say it was an interesting moment haha. But she is still a good lady.
 
On Friday we taught German and Monica the last part of the plan of salvation, we also then taught Paloma again, but with her it was just a scripture and a question or 2 and then she had to go.

But I'm out of time.  We had 14 people in church this Sunday.  My companion directed the meeting. and I played the piano for the last time here on the island.

We went fishing this morning.  The fishing pole was a piece of nylon wrapped around a tube and the pole was my hand.  We both caught one fish, and they are pretty big too! It was fun haha. We fished for about an hour, and then at the very end we decided to move to a different spot, and I caught the fish within like 20 seconds haha.  Now we are going to go do my last hike on the island!
 
Love you and miss you tons!!!
 
LATER EMAIL
 
So it ends up that I'm not leaving the island this week. President Essig got called to a special meeting and will now not be coming to the island. This means that the flights that they had schedualed are going to be used by the new elders coming, and my companion and I are leaving next Tuesday. ¡Que Bueno! That is all. Love you and miss you guys tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment