Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Leaving For Sure

¡HOLA todas de mis pescados amigos!

My last week here on the island has definitely by far been my best week! We had a ton of lessons, and I was able to say goodbye to people and take pics with them, and I am very grateful for the opportunity that I had to stay here a little bit longer. but now I'm really leaving the island.

So on Monday we went and hiked Mirador del Selkirk which is where you can see both sides of the island if there aren't any clouds... there were clouds, but it was still a really fun and good hike, and the other side of the island is dry and ugly anyway so its ok. It was the longest hike we have done so far, but definitely the funnest.   After that we went and visited the president of the branch to take care of some of the end of the year stuff for the branch. It's crazy how much stuff we have to do at the end of the year. Who knew there is so much work behind the scenes of the church!

On Tuesday we went to deposit the money from this week, and to change the room we reserved for president to have 2 seperate beds. Ends up that the guy had forgotten that we made a reservation and didn't have a room now. Good thing president wasn't going to come. After that we went and taught German and Monica. It was a good lesson. After that we went and set up a ton of appointments for later in the week because nobody had time, but they all wanted to talk to us before we leave.

Wednesday, I learned how to make PAN (bread for all you not spanish speakers) it was really fun, and it didn't turn out that bad so I was grateful for that. Then we were able to go and teach Rodrigo and finally, HE PRAYED IN FRONT OF US!!! This means that we know for sure that he really is praying, and is praying in the right way! I was very happy for this! Then he told us to come back the next day to teach him some more! I love when investigators say we can come back the next day!!! Then we went and taught Paloma, but her daughter was sick so we didn't teach for very long before she was off trying to help her daughter.  So we told her we were going to come back Friday. Then we went and visited with Poncho to try and figure out, and get proof that his sister had really been baptized because we couldn't find her registro in the church records. But he had pictures of her leaving the ocean after she was baptized so it was perfect!!!

Thursday we taught Rodrigo again and this time he was the one that started talking about the Book of Mormon! Haha, I nearly fell out of my chair! He has come so far, and now I am leaving. Oh how I hate that! But it was a good lesson! IM RUNNING OUT OF TIME AHH!!!

Friday we waited for the new elders to get here, and then we went and showed them our investigators, and then we had a family home evening of the branch.

Saturday we had a ton of lessons. Also we were able to visit more people because we could split up and visit more than one person at a time! Also I threw in some of my last testimonies/COME BACK TO CHURCH talks because I'm leaving and can do that haha.

Sunday we had a record of 17 and then 18 people in the church!!!! Haha it was amazing. Followed by another amazing day for lessons and saying good bye to people!
 
TUESDAY JANUARY 22 AFTERNOON EMAIL
 
We would like to inform you that your son has arrived safely after his flight from Robinson Crusoe Island. We picked him up a few hours ago and he is already safely in his new sector with his new companion.
Sincerely,
Elder King
Historian
Misión Chile Santiago Norte

No comments:

Post a Comment