First, I HAD A BAPTISM LAST WEEK!!! Her name is Belén, she is 9 years old and her family is less active. I have pictures and all, but I can't send them right now because I am writing this letter in the mission office, ya more about that to come.
So this week started out normal. Same problems as last week trying to get
my companions out of the house and ya pretty much the same old struggles. We
had some very fun lessons, the first was with a new investigator we found named
Angelica, (as of right now we are teaching 4 different Angelica's). So we had
taught her up to prophets of the first lesson, and we went back to teach her a
second time, and we decided to repass over the first stuff. As we were
repassing we realized that she didn't remember anything. No joke it was like
teaching a little kid, even though she is 30. But ya that's the thing about a
mission we get to work with all types of different people. So while teaching
her there is a song that says pretty much "give me more patience". After
teaching Angelica we went to teach Belén, she is always fun to teach, and always
a trial of patience. ya but it's always fun to try and teach here.
Also I learned that my companion is a braggoholic. No joke he brags about
everything, how many contacts he has, how he brought his jacket when it was
going to rain, and then never did, no joke whatever thing that he could brag
about he does. But ya now time for the big news, I don't have to deal with them
anymore! Haha!
So one of the dreams of every missionary that comes to this mission is to
go to a very special place. That dream is to go to one of the islands. The
thing is that President only calls Senior missionaries there to take care of the
islands. Well... one of the senior couples is leaving and there isn´t another
couple to take their place, so 2 lucky missionaries are getting to go to the
island. So... out of the 200 some odd missionaries in our mission... I am one
of those 2 that get to go to the island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW FREAKING LUCKY AM
I!!! I´m going to the Island Juan Fernandez! President called me Saturday and
asked me if I was willing to go the the island, and that he was only sending
missionaries that he trusts will continue to be obedient and do the things to
take care of the island. My companion is Elder Beeson from Arizona. If you
ever want a repeat of the feelings of opening your mission call, a phone call
saying this will do it!
There are about 1000 people on the island, so I have a 4 hour flight to the
island, and then a boat ride to the people. I can only bring 22 pounds of stuff
with me to the island, and the rest of my stuff will stay in the mission office. I am only taking the necessities. We will be living with a member that will
cook and wash our cloths and stuff. I will be there until another senior couple
comes to the mission. It shouldn´t be more than 2 changes, or about 3 months
for a maximum, kinda. So I will be there for Christmas and stuff. I'm super
excited and all, but I would still appreciate your prayers for a safe trip. I
leave tomorrow morning some time, and ya I'm going to the ISLAND JUAN
FERNANDEZ!!!!!
Love you and miss you tons!
If you want to take a look at Nate's new home check out these YouTube Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCgITT5QTJs&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_vurlfXkEM&feature=related
If you want to take a look at Nate's new home check out these YouTube Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCgITT5QTJs&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_vurlfXkEM&feature=related
Mark and I think that is really cool. We wish we could go to that island after watching the videos. Can't wait to see pics from Nate.
ReplyDelete