Monday, May 20, 2013

Priesthood Blessing

Hola todos!
 
I am doing very good!  This week was a little slow, but it was still a very good week. 

This week we had the opportunity to teach some friends of Margarita.  It's very interesting to see how the gospel can mean something to all kinds of persons.  That even to some of the most unlikely people, they have some of the most interest in the gospel.

Saturday we had a pretty fun experience.  We had an appointment with Nancy at 6, but we felt like we should go a little bit early.  We got there and asked how she was and were in the middle of singing the opening hymn, when I noticed a flash of light outside, followed by more and more.  Then the thunder started.  Out of nowhere it started to pour, and the streets flooded,  then it started to hail! Not for very long but still if we would have not gone early to the appointment we would have been soaked and who knows what else.  

Also on Sunday we did splits with some of the members, and it ended up that I went to teach a lesson we had.  It was a really good lesson and at the end the grandma of the family asked us for a blessing. I jokingly asked if the member wanted to do it and he told me that he was just here for support, so I asked for her full name, and right before I put my hands on her head to give her the blessing I found myself asking her who she wanted to give the blessing.  She pointed to the member and said him. He gave the blessing, and after when we left he told me that he had never felt the spirit in that way.  He wanted to bless her with the ability to walk and to feel better, but he told me that the words didn't come that way.  That the only thing that he could say is that she should have peace and comfort.  The spirit wouldn't let him give a blessing that wasn't for her.  It was a very powerful experience for the member and for me.

But I'm out of time.  I love you and miss you all tons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment