Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Going Crazy From Walking Too Much

Hola todos!
 
So this week was fun. Although I think I'm starting to go crazy haha. We have walked so much this week it has been ridiculous.

So we have been teaching Vilma more, and she is progressing amazingly. This week we taught her about the Book of Mormon and how to pray with sincerity to know if it is true or not. It's interesting the different ideas about prayer, and how some people really don't know how to pray to Heavenly Father.

We also found one member Menos Activo who didn't want to pray and never did pray. She also is afraid to pray. Ugh sometimes working with the less actives is the worst because I feel bad. All I want to do is help them, but they don't want it ,and it is worse when they reject us because they already know about the gospel... agency... hate it and love it at the same time.

Pretty much we knocked on a lot of doors this week, and we walked a ton. I'm starting to go crazy from walking so much. I am starting to find the littlest things to entertain me, but this is my explanation as to why. So I used to dance a lot before the mission, and I had a ton of homework and stuff. Also I have a very active imagination. Combine the two and it means that my brain likes to work fast and process things quickly... well without dancing to use my brain and just walking in the street waiting for people to come to the door, there is a lot of time where my brain is thinking about anything... usually involving my surroundings, and I'm starting to go crazy. My companion thinks I'm hilarious, but I'm serious too. That's the best part.

So we live in a house thing with 4 elders. The other 3 elders that I live with have made it their goal to make me district leader by next change. What does this mean?  This means that they are trying to talk me up to president. I DONT WANT THIS!!! I am perfectly fine where I am working hard without any drama. Why does this matter?  Well we had interviews this week. The first thing that President says to me, "Elder Alder, I have heard very good things about you." Then after that my entire interview was about how pretty the island is. But in all of their interviews they all said stuff... oh well I´ll go where you want me to go right?

On to Hector. He is doing amazing. We went to all 3 hours of church on Sunday. He is very excited for his baptism, but we have to change the date because he is now going out of town next Sunday. So we are going to see what we can do, but he is progressing amazingly.

Another investigator that we have is Roberto. We have taught him 2 times and then he left on vacations. We left him a Book of Mormon before he left, and when he got back and we went to talk to him, he told us he had read half of the book! So we are going to pass by tomorrow and see if that is really true and what he thinks about it!

Other than that it has been a boring week. no cool stories about crazy stuff. Just a lot of knocking and walking... lots of doors closed, and very few opened haha. But I'm still loving it, and working hard!

 
Our kitchen where I make Brownies and Cookies in a gas oven

 
Our Tiny Bathroom


We have to open the bathroom door with a string!
 
Here are a couple of my crazy ideas!


 
Water Balloon Fight

 
We crushed these melons with our heads!

No comments:

Post a Comment