Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Nate says, "When it rains, it pours!" But Mom likes "My Nate is Back!"

This week's blog post needs to be titled, ´´When it rains, it pours!´´ and here's why!

This week we had rain almost everyday, now it never actually poured, but there were some big puddles, and everything got muddy, but the real reason for the title, is because this week it rained everyday, and the Lord poured out a lot of blessings.

So after the companion drama at the end of last week, I decided that I didn't care if my companion hated me or not.  I was going to do what I know I should do, and that has helped, but the thing that helped the most was the birthday party we went to. There is this family that I absolutely love, they are nice, the mom of the family totally understands me like as a person, and they are just great to be around, and apparently one of them is our investigator! Haha who knew! Communication between companions come on!!! Besides that, it was fun, we laughed, and talked and things were great, it finally felt like something normal, and for the first time, I didn't feel homesick. Well it just gets better from here.

So the entire first 2 weeks that I was here, to be honest, I didn't feel like a missionary, and I didn't feel like I was feeling the spirit the way I should be, but this week, I finally felt like I had the spirit, and that I was a missionary. So we contacted this lady that was actually on her way to her church, her name is Carmen and she said that we could come over and talk with her. So we went over to her house the first day, and we got talking and she said she didn't get why there were so many different religions that fight over doctrine. I'm thinking, I totally know the answer to that!!!! Wooo she totally is going to learn something our next lesson!! So we talked a little more, and set up another appointment with her. Well the morning of our lesson with her, all of our studies were directed to how to explain the apostasy to her, so she will know why there are so many churches.  When we went to teach her we talked a little, and then we started to teach. First thing she says is that she was taught by some elders 2 years ago, and she got to the point of baptism and then her husband didn't want anything thing more to do with it so they stopped, and that she didn't believe in José Smith. Well good thing we studied the apostasy huh! 2 birds with one study! Talk about revelation or something.  So we went on teaching and we were good. We taught the apostasy amazingly, I taught about José Smith and the First Vision, and then we tied that in with the apostasy, and then we got to the Book of Mormon. She had no more questions about José Smith, (because there was no way she could deny it) so she did the one thing she could do. She knew that everything we were teaching her was true, and she even knew that the Book of Mormon must be scripture, but the one thing she could do to deny everything was not take the Book of Mormon to read. Without that she could deny everything again, even when she knew it was true. so we have a return appointment with her later this week.

Next, the plan of salvation lesson with Juan Carlos, and Marina. I learned a very valuable lesson during this, I'm just sad that I had to learn it this way. Our plan was to teach them the plan of salvation and to set them with a baptism date.  Well we taught them the lesson and everything was going good, and then at the end I bore testimony, and the spirit was strong and the thought came to my mind, invite them to be baptised. Well I didn't, and just like that 2 seconds later we got off subject, and the spirit was gone. My companion tried the best he could to bring the spirit back, and we invited them and ya it was a crappy answer, and then we just got more and more distracted and there was no way we were going to get them with a date. Lesson that I learned, when the spirit tells me to do something do it right away, and don't doubt my Spanish, the spirit knows how to talk to people.

Then on Wednesday we had a class with the mission president, and it was way good. We learned how to better invite people to be baptised, and how to invite them to come to chuch with more power. (if only we had known that yesterday...) but it was amazing and we learned alot.

My Spanish is coming along really well. I can understand most conversations now if I listen from the beginning and know what we are talking about, if not, then I usually just zone out and have no clue what is going on. but it's coming along.  Most of my apartment has been sick... ugh no fun, but we have pulled out of it quickly.
I finished one meal the other day, turned over my chicken bone to see if there was meat on the other side, and that's when I noticed I had the spine, and the lungs, and some other organs... so I slowly turned the bones back over. Haha. Yesterday we had beets, but when I ate them I didn't know they were beets, it was that night when I went to the bathroom and it was red that I realized that it was beets. Haha!


Now for the big news, WE HAVE 5 BAPTISMS THIS SUNDAY! WOOOOO!!!!!! This Sunday we are baptizing familia Quispe. They are a great family, and they are ready and excited to be baptized. Now we´ll see if I'm big enough to actually baptize any of them. But I'm excited none the less.


I talked this Sunday. Well bore my testimony, but it was still fun. Then today (Monday) we had a sports day with everybody and it was way fun as well!!!



Well love you all and miss you tons!!!




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Nate figured out the red bathroom trip was from beets and wasn't freaked out. We love beets at our house!

    ReplyDelete